It’s extremely important to build relationships with your vendors. Those around you can bring in new customers/clients and increase awareness of your company branding. The people you work directly with on your products and services are the ones with the most to gain when you find success. By taking the time to get to know them, you’ll find a whole host of opportunities you didn’t realize were there.
Look for great ways to offer your vendors rewards for helping grow your business – everyone wins. One of the ways you can do this is by offering performance based incentives that are much larger than their normal charges.
Here’s the step-by-step process to putting together a partnership with a vendor:
- Approach the vendors you work with and offer an incentive based on performance.
- Put the generous incentive plan together from their perspective, even take suggestions.
- Develop a clear, concise and easy to track incentive plan. This will increase competition between vendors and therefore higher performance levels.
- Encourage subsequent sales instead of focusing only on the initial sale. By doing this you can give away more of the profit from the initial sale to your vendors and make higher profits off the back end products.
- Future sales
- Upsell better and more profitable products/services
- Cross-sell to additional products
Create an incentive plan that’s irresistible to your vendors by offering generous, exclusive compensation.
Think of the vendors you work with and the creative ways you can put together an incentive plan. Entice them to be part of your business. Use their talents, capabilities and connections and you’ll both be winners.
Consequently putting together an incentive plan doesn’t have to be a complicated process. Contact us and we can help you come up with great ideas and put your incentive plan together for maximum results.